Molecular genetic diagnostic tests for known cancer predisposing genes:
- Hereditary breast/ovarian cancer (BRCA1/2) – OMIM: 113705 and 600185 – [EDDNAL] [ORPHANET] [GENDIA] [GeneTests]
- Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer (HNPCC: MLH1, MSH2, MSH6 etc.) – OMIM: 120435 -[EDDNAL] [ORPHANET] [GENDIA] [GeneTests]
Commercialy available gene expression profiling tests
IMPORTANT NOTE. Some commercial tests for moderate/low cancer risk genetic predisposition are not verified/supported by independent experts or scientific evidence. Please consider these links with common sense and vigilance.
- H/I ™ (AviaraDX)
- MammaPrint® (Agendia) [reviews]
- Oncotype DX (GenomicHealth) [reviews]
- GeneSearch™ (Veridex) [reviews]
Cancer of unknown origin:
Genetic predisposition (SNP genotyping) and prognostic tests:
Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC):
- Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation analysis [review]
If you know any genetic test/relevant information not listed here – please leave a message in the comments-field or email me.